Are you running a small or medium business (SME) locally, precisely in San Diego? Then this guide will take you through with every single detail that you need to know before executing seo by yourself or hiring a professional seo expert in san diego.
What is SEO
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The search engine is a computer system that searches files on the web, that is, it automatically tracks web servers thanks to its network. The main search engines that currently exist are three, with Google at the top, followed by Bing and Yahoo . The SEO or search engine optimization helps to rank a website on the page of search engine so that when a person performs a search in an engine like the above, can easily find your website.
Nowadays, it is very common for people to search using Google or similar platforms and therefore, it is absolutely necessary to appear in their result page (Which also known as SERP = Search Engine Result Page).
The History of Search Engine Optimization
The vision of Google from the date it was set up as a company, was to become the main search engine worldwide. And with hard work and lots of technology, it has succeeded. The practice of SEO has become more sophisticated as search engines improved their criteria for prioritizing results. The user asks a question by entering a keyword in the search engine and this returns an increasingly improved response. The answer or group of answers offered by the search engine is quite broad but is arranged in such a way that the first positions are occupied by website or portals that have the highest relevancy with the search query entered.
At first, the factors required for a website to appear in the top positions of the search results pages were not difficult. It is likely to say that all the operation of the search engines is based on algorithms that increasingly include more factors and therefore, that are becoming more complex. In a first stage, to appear in the first pages, it was enough to include the keywords with which they could search the entire website, repeating them several times without having to take into account the context. The Google robot crawled the web and finding as many terms the same or similar to the keyword entered, offered this web as a suggestion in the result. Funny right?
In 2007, 200 parameters were used to optimize Google search results. But over time, other criteria such as duplication of content were incorporated. Many companies started duplicating texts from websites to try to get better SEO, but what happened is that the user when searching, found meaningless content, obviously thought for the sole purpose of being found, but not to give relevant information. This has led the major search engines to strive to penalize the webs with declines in the SEO score, meaning not helping them to appear in the top positions. This prevents duplicities and the user remains the most important.
How do search engines work?
In a matter of seconds, the engines perform several actions to offer the user the best options to their search. One of the tasks is crawling, which starts with a list of web addresses from either previous crawls or sitemaps . The bots track the links to other pages to decide if the loading time is optimal, if there is updated content or if they are new sites etc. All this crawling helps to give good search results.
The next action that the engine performs is to include an index in which the crawled webs are ordered according to their content, their authority and relevance. The search engine evaluates hundreds of aspects in this step, for example, if the content includes videos, animations, if the contents are frequently updated, etc.
The third action of the search engines is to apply the algorithm, a computer process that decides in milliseconds the positioning. All this process gives an ordered list of webs as suggestions to the search. Assign a pagerank to each one and according to it, an order is generated. If a page does not contain good content, a good number of interesting links in social networks and external reference pages, if the indexing within the site is not clear, if the keywords are not used correctly, if a user experience is not offered etc then the website will not have a good pagerank and will appear below other websites of the competition.
This conclusion leads one to think about the two great problems of poor search engine rankings. On the one hand, there is the risk of losing visibility as the website is down in the search results and a great opportunity to publicize your products or services is wasted. On the other hand, there is the risk of accommodating companies or competition initiatives. A company that invests in advertising, offers good products, strives to be excellent, but is not in the top positions of search results, not only loses reach, but benefits its competition, throwing away all its Effort because when looking for it, no one can find it in the first place and customers (potential or real) could be interested in another company that offers the same,
The Importance of SEO
In every 677 seconds, more than 26 million searches are performed on Google. It is the world’s leading search engine, which serves more than one billion queries each day.
More than 80% of Internet users use search engines to find out what they need, to find products, to finalize their purchasing decisions, etc. So it is normal to think that there is a real need to have a good position in search engines.
Two ways to understand the Local SEO also for a city like San Diego
There are two main groups of criteria that are used to determine the position of a web in a search result: authority or popularity based on user experience and relevance, which is the relationship that the factors of a web have with the Search done.
Now, to get a good ranking in search engines , we work from two points of view of SEO:
- On Page SEO : This would be all the SEO activities that can be done within a website to make it more relevant to the search engine. That is, ensure that a web is optimized for the engine. Some of the actions include page load time, user experience , code optimization, URL formatting, keyword optimization , and so on. Everything that can be done within the site .
- Off Page SEO : Unlike the previous one, it refers to all the activities that can be done “off the site ” to get a better positioning in the search engines. The most important factors are the web links found on the Internet, whether in social networks, in the media, etc. When the quality and number of these links are high, you can get a better positioning. It is for this reason that SEO as a marketing activity must go hand in hand with all the other actions within a global strategy: email marketing, branding , social networking work, web management and offline advertising etc..
Top Reasons To Do SEO On A website
- Brand image: for a company, a project or any idea, appear in the natural search ranking of search engines, is synonymous with prestige. The image that people create in their mind is something quite strong that hardly changes with time and therefore, it is a basic factor that must be taken care of.
- Credibility: There is the possibility of appearing on the first pages of the search results by paying, through the system Adwords or Bing Ads, etc. However, it is increasingly proven that the credibility obtained through organic positioning is much greater. The effort that makes a brand to give good content to its visitors is very powerful and something that even those who do not understand SEO and marketing, appreciates above-paid advertising. Most of the San Diego seo specialists provide both organic and paid (PPC) seo services.
- Competitiveness: In the online business world, competition is always high. It should be asked if it is really desirable that the companies in the competition have higher positions of their own. A good SEO is synonymous of competitiveness and formulates the success and the leadership in the market.
- Reaching the right people: There is the possibility that, if you do not consciously do SEO, you reach an incorrect target. SEO enables companies to attract the traffic they are looking for, reducing rebound and improving efficiency. In addition, if the correct target is reached, the interaction on the website will be much greater and you can think of brand engagement more easily.
- A simple and manageable site: Over the years, websites have surpassed themselves to a current standard that focuses on making it easy for users to navigate, find what they need to find, enjoy The visit, etc. With the work of Seo, his is simpler and it is possible to offer an efficient space and adapted to the world today.
- Content: In addition to looking after good positioning, creating SEO friendly content helps the company to create relationships with its visitors. If a user enters a web site once and finds something that really appeals to him / her and / or serves him, he / she will return. Recurrence increases when content is relevant and this in turn increases the likelihood of having a good position in search results.
- Reaching Everyone: The common thing is not for users to do exhaustive searches on the Internet. In fact, the maximum is passed from the first to the second page of results.
Some basic actions to improve search engine rankings
- It is very important to use tags since this way search engines can quickly see the category of content included on the website. Tags should be used with great care; You should only use one per page and try to use keywords in them.
- The titles of the contents of the web must be short, relevant, direct, and include keyword to highlight.
- It is necessary to take good care of the meta descriptions, that is to say, the brief explanation of each content. In general, a good extension for them is 160 characters.
- The link building is an important part of the external or off site SEO. It is about getting include links of the own content in other webs. Choose the terms you want to position and study the mechanisms to get those links. A good formula is to create alliances with industry websites or suppliers that can be influential. As an SEO expert we strongly advice san diego’s business owner not to buy cheap rated links precisely from fiverr. It will hamper your rankings.
- In social networks it is necessary to have a strong activity and create through them, a good amount of links to the web, in order to generate referenced visits that improve SEO.
In conclusion, it is worth remembering the phrase:
people do not find websites, it is they who find people.
Google Guidelines: The Golden Rules of SEO
Till now you have learned a lots thing. But the most important lesson is still remaining. That is Google’s webmaster guidelines. You can’t survive without following google’s guidelines. Google is very strict about it.
A quality website should avoid the following practices:
- Automatically generated content
- Participation in link schemes
- Misleading redirects
- Hidden text or links
- Incoming pages
- Content Copied
- Participation in affiliate programs that do not add enough value
- Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
- Creating pages with malicious behavior, such as pages that impersonate or install viruses, Trojans or other malicious software
- Abuse of markup of enriched fragments
- Sending automatic queries to Google
In addition to avoiding all of the above, Google recommends performing the following practices
- Monitor the site to detect pirated content and eliminate pirated content as soon as it appears.
- Avoid and eliminate user-generated spam on your site.
If Google detects that your site violates one or more of these guidelines, it may penalize you in some way. If this happens, you must adhere to the guidelines and once the problem is solved, submit our site for Google to review again.
The 10 Keys To Optimize Website For Search Engines
1. Identify yourself in Google +, Google My Business and create a channel on YouTube
The social network of Google and its channel of YouTube represent the ideal opportunity to position strategically the contents of a determined web page. Google first finds the contents of which publisher has obtained doses of information, such as the sector of activity to which it belongs or its predominant interests. In fact, it is advisable to periodically share the content through these sources (also on YouTube if an audiovisual content is generated) in order to increase the authority of the page and the domain.
Identifying in Google My Business allows to review the business and provide data, such as opening hours, address and many others very relevant for users who want to find a particular company. Through this tool, the telecommunications giant (Google) is also likely to appear your business on the map.
2. SWOT study
It is clear that, as in all entrepreneurship, we must know what are the weaknesses, strengths, opportunities, and threats of the business to be placed. Through the analysis of the competition and the SWOT market, you can discover data and information that are highly relevant to the interests of the company. For example, the most relevant terms to exploit by keywords, which are the most appreciated or valued by customers or opportunities that should not be missed.
A good SWOT study should also reveal the trends and resolve the seasonality of what products, goods or services are in vogue at any given time of year. Although there are tools like Trends (from Google) or SEMrush, where you can see very complete graphs of the most incipient trends, it is essential to perform this exercise prior to watching the advanced analytics for Big Data.
3. Study the long tail keywords
When we refer to local SEO positioning, inevitably refers to the nuance that what is to be positioned should be done, above all, among users seeking in the Community of San Diego. You can be even more specific and determine the keywords by sections.
image source: longtailpro.com
In this sense, the keyword strategy must always be constructed by looking at the long tail (for example “Men’s clocks in San Diego”) and not the main keyword (which, in this example, would be “clocks”).
All SEO must be done according to this criterion (if a business wants to focus on San Diego because it does not deliver at home and only depends on its physical store located on a street in the capital). The optimization should always contain the long tail call “in San Diego”.
4. Study the competition in Keyword Planner
The competition in Keyword Planner is an elementary factor, together with the volume of searches that represents each of the key terms that interest in positioning a company. Remember that there are certain keywords that are non-negotiable. Some of that best describe the activity of the business and some of that best work in the characteristic of the users (those who use the most query to search your store). However, there are other keywords that can be modified depending on the observation of the users’ browsing habits and, thus, define the strategy with cunning.
It should be noted that the competition of keywords is disputed between High, Medium and Low, depending on the bids that Adwords (paid advertising campaigns) exist at the time of publication. Hence, if it is intended to carry out a purely 100% optimized content strategy for SEO, it is essential to bet on the best keywords with relevant search volume and lower than average competition. This is the first step to getting a winning local SEO strategy.
5. 100% optimization for SEO in all elements of the text
And, by “all elements, the following are understood:
– An attractive Title: maximum 70 characters that includes the keyword. There are engagement techniques that can be very useful in raising CTR ( Click Through Rate ), such as appealing to emotions, using questions or the how to model.
– Meta description: or Short description that should also contain the keyword as well as brushstrokes of the most relevant information in the text. The one that most interests the reader, according to their search criteria.
– Tags h2 and h3: especially in h2 would also include the keyword by which you want to position the web.
– Alt Tag of images: this meta tag serves Google to categorize the contents, therefore, the image must be closely related to the content of the article so that its image finder responds in an ideal way, just as it is expected to make its Content display.
–LSI Keywords: Repetition of the keyword in a natural way throughout the text in its different semantic variants, which include synonyms, plural, singular, masculine and feminine. It is necessary to pay special attention to that of placing them “naturally” so as not to fall into the error of using Black SEO techniques and be penalized by Google’s complex algorithms (Panda or Penguin).
6. Natural Link Building Strategy
If the content becomes more consistent (always according to an editorial calendar in which the periodicity of publication of content is defined) and the authority of the page and of the domain grows, the link building should arrive as fallen from the heaven. And the conditional is used because SEO, like everything else in Marketing, is always unpredictable.
Paying attention that the content that is published is always must be original and there is no duplication of it. If you can do it regular basis, the success will also be assured.
07. Link building strategy through guest-blogging
The guest-blogging (guest blog) is a practice to save the image against the algorithm of Google that seeks to end the practice of buying links with desired anchor texts .
Finding similar collaborators and publishing their content on our website attracts organic traffic, just like to own websites, if you do the same on another website whose niche is similar, can obtain referred traffic (not organic ). But is that, traffic is always welcome regardless of the source from which it is obtained.
The more users there are reading a certain content, the more likely they are to gain visibility on the web through, for example, social networking. Hence the importance of optimizing the mobile user experience and making articles load quickly and efficiently. Never forget the importance of social buttons. They must always be present.
08. Analytics in advanced analytics tools
There are several advanced analytics tools to measure the results of content optimized for seo in San Diego (locally) or globally. For example:
– Search Console: Formerly called Google Webmaster Tools, it makes reports with 2 days of decalage, where you can see the impressions of the keywords that work best, your SERP in the Google display, the number of clicks they receive and their CTR. It also allows comparisons from month to month and week to week, as well as analyze pages by URL.
It also reveals existing SEO errors, whether there are duplicate URLs or if the page is optimized for Mobile in a responsive strategy. It is imperative to manage it for the best results.
– Analytics: in SEO, Acquisition channels are elementary and all those coming from organic traffic more. Hence, you can observe each day, in real time, or by selecting specific periods and comparing them (or not) with specific dates to perform keyword analyzes that work best or landing pages on which to begin to build the purchase funnel .
– SEMrush: another extraordinary advanced analytical tool for observing organic growth in detail. You can take care of the growth of backlinks, changes in rank of certain keywords (if new, improved or lost) and your SERP, as well as a huge number of hyper-relevant documentation on which to build the strategy of improvement and achievement Of objectives.
9. Conversion to Objectives
SEO results should always be linked to certain calls to action or CTA buttons that should be reflected in Analytics. To observe the performance of all links that involve users to perform certain actions (buy, register, subscribe to a newsletter ) you need to properly configure the Analytics models and, thus, improve the strategy as you harvest good Results.
10. Healing content
This is one of the most effective strategies to perform local SEO with great success. And is that the contents that do not get the desired results are always improvable. The curing of contents is based, fundamentally, on the editing of the texts and, according to the competition, to the articles of the same theme better positioned and to the latest news, insert all those pieces of information in ours, in such a way that Enrich the texts.
In curing content is also elementary to observe the 2 most relevant elements when capturing the click of the lead in Google, that is, the Title and Meta description. Success in SEO, on many occasions, is a matter of trying to come up with the formula that works best for a particular audience. Therefore, content healing is the best tactic to do so. Also, watch out for the content slug. It is sometimes better to contain only the content keyword.
Through these 10 keys, all those entrepreneurs with an eagerness to rank strategically the contents of your company in the “top” of the ranking of the display of the main search engines will be able to realize it with the sufficient professional elements so that its strategy of Benwillseo, becomes a strategy of success.
Top SEO Tools That You’ll Need To Execute Your Strategy
Here are the best SEO tools according to their functionality.
You can not miss semrush in your list with the best tools for SEO. It is a very useful tool in the analysis of keywords, as it offers a ranking of keywords , both the own and the competition. In addition, it offers the possibility of searching and doing an analysis with suggestions on new keywords related to a specific topic.
Another function is to estimate the organic traffic and payment of a specific web, something that is very interesting to establish possible cooperation with said web through links or posts of invited authors. It is also allowed to see the evolution of the competitors.
But it is not an exclusive tool for SEO , it is also a very useful tool to analyze what SEM strategy competitors are doing, because it allows you to know what keywords they are using, the most effective ads and the price indicative of advertising.
It is payable and its price is around 70 dollars a month. Semrush allows you to make customized reports.
Another must-mention tool when we talk about the best tools for SEO is SEO Powersuite. It comprises a package of four tools with which it is possible to perform most of the tasks of SEO . They are the following:
- SEO Spy Glass : analysis of the links of the competition, helps in the process of detecting the suitability in the creation of links and in the management of the existing ones.
- Rank Tracker: monitoring the position that are occupying the search results and help in the moment of selecting the keywords
- Website Auditor: detailed analysis of the website for the optimization of all elements that influence SEO On Page.
- Link Asistant : management and organization for the link building phase.
It is a payment tool.
Sistrix is a very complete tool that is oriented as much to the analysis of aspects SEO, SEM as Social Media. The main functionalities that it allows are the following:
- Research the keywords from the database that own the different search engines and the main keywords for which the competition is positioning.
- Analyze what is the visibility index of a web in the SERPS.
- Get a report with SEO On-page errors.
- Analyze both the number and quality of the links that a web page has.
- Check the investment that a web is sending to SEM, as well as analyze the ads and keywords used.
Tools for analyzing competition and backlinks
Majestic is used for the analysis of the quality and thematic of the different link profiles. It has great potential and is really complete. Its database is the most extensive and its update is one of the most frequent.
Not only does it offer a list with all the links to a specific URL, but also offers the anchor text, the exact moment in which it was detected, as well as the value of the page that owns the link. Another very exclusive functionality is the ability to retrieve the history of links that were deleted.
In addition, Majestic SEO has some very useful metrics when evaluating a link profile. These metrics are Citation Flow and Trust Flow.
It is a payment tool, whose price fluctuates at $ 40 per month.
It is another tool that offers an exhaustive information of the links that owns a website, being possible to analyze its profile, as well as to establish a comparative with the pages that one wishes. It has a history of the links, detailing the day they were made or deleted.
It offers the possibility of comparing a maximum of 5 websites at the same time. In the free version, you can perform 15 queries per day per user. However, to reach its full potential, you need to subscribe to one of the monthly plans available (from $ 79 per month).
In addition, Ahrefs offers a brief analysis of the SEO On-site , includes some detail on social signals and allows to export a maximum of 10,000 data in CSV format.
The degree of detail that Ahrefs allows is very large. Together with Majestic, it is the largest index and the highest update it performs.
Tools to analyze On-page SEO
It is a complete tool that facilitates a thorough analysis of web pages. Again, a tool that is always in the listings with the best tools for SEO . In this case, screaming frog is imperative when performing a technical analysis of SEO On-page .
Here is a list with some of the main features:
- Analyze and create robots.txt files
- Locate broken links, indexing errors, images without text, possible duplicate content …
- Check the anchor text of links, the size of the files …
- Analyze the different tags (H1, H2 …) and meta tags (title, description, keywords …)
There is a free version that has limitations and a much more complete payment and without any limitation.
Siteliner is a tool used to perform technical SEO audits of a web page. One of the most effective ways to detect broken links and duplicate content.
After crawling the web, Siteliner is able to reveal all the key information of each of the pages that make up the site.
A tool that is used to make a technical audit of a web. One of its great virtues is the simplicity with which the analyzed data are presented.
He makes an analysis and shows the information divided into three different sections:
- Indexing: everything related to robots, meta robots, redirects, canonicals, paginations, etc.
- Content: content extension, total number of words, hierarchy of headings, etc.
- Popularity: both internal and external links.
Copyscape allows detecting the plagiarized content fast and in simple. Just enter texts into it, the tool searches to see if it is original or duplicate content.
It has a free version and a paid version. While the free version limits page-by-page checking, the Premium option makes it easier to detect duplicate content with more powerful methods.
SeoBox (Not usable in USA, But I like it)
It is a very interesting tool developed in Spain. It can only be used when the target audience is Spanish, since it only scans local results for Spain.
It consists of a physical device with a connection to the network plus an online application, through which the analyzes of the key words and other possibilities are carried out. Here are some of the actions that SeoBox allows :
- RankBox allows you to monitor the positions of keywords.
- GeoBox is used for geolocation, locally, of the positions of the keywords.
- CacheBox manages the cache of all pages of the site.
- CtrBox makes it easy to upload keywords positions after experimenting with CTR
It is a free tool of enormous simplicity. Simply select a language, enter a keyword and, automatically, offer numerous variants of that keyword. Recently it is bought by Neil Patel.
Google Keyword Planner
It is a free tool that proposes numerous ideas for a certain word. In addition, it facilitates what is the competence of each of them and what is the number of searches, both local and global, that has that term in a month.
The utility of this tool is to obtain a list with words related to the desired term. It also offers words that have a direct relationship that term, the estimation of searches and the degree of competence that it possesses. It costs about $ 69 a month.
It is a tool aimed at improving SEO traffic by using long-tail. It does an analysis of the traffic and the competition of different keywords following a same pattern. In addition, it offers the relationship between different keywords, proposes multiple variations for the same keyword and is able to establish filters, through which it detects the way users are searching in search engines, either by keywords or sequences of they. It costs about $ 40 a month.
Thanks to Google Trends we can get the estimate for the search trends of a specific term and variations of that term. In addition, comparisons between terms can be shown. It is a tool offered by Google for free.
Link building tool
Whitespark is a tool that, very quickly and easily, makes it easy to find mentions that not only have to be from the company in question, business or product, but also from the competition. The search is not restricted to keywords since it is possible to enter an address or a phone.
It proves very useful, as it is increasingly clear that Google greatly emphasizes the mentions made locally. It is a payment tool that supposes about 16 dollars per month.
Talk Walker Alerts
Operating similarly to Google Alerts. It is used to create alerts on the desired terms so that they are notified daily about them. The periodicity can be selected so that the warnings are weekly. It is free.
Free tool that makes a profile of links in a really visual way. After giving you a CSV file, a report is generated in which, at a glance, a breakdown of the links according to their typology is shown: images, text, advertisements, links that do not work … It’s free.
Image Raider informs if an image of our property has been published in external pages. In this way, it is possible to check if any image, infographics or graphic resource has been correctly linked or not. It is very useful to establish relationships with other websites or to request that our web be linked. It is free.
It consists of the creation of a CRM for link building and finding and contact with the so-called influencers. It is a tool that, in the end, tries to make easier and comfortable the whole process that entails establishing contact and relationship that must be established when performing link building tasks . It is a payment tool with a cost of about 30 dollars a month.
Thanks to Rapportive , it is possible to have the mail accounts of the contacts linked directly to their profiles in the different social networks and also to add certain important data. Thus, it is possible to have more information about who they are, what they think and where they are to whom you are going when you launch a link building activity. It is a free tool.
Useful Tools for Social Networks
Hootsuite is currently one of the tools used by practically all Community Managers . It offers a free option that has a limit of 5 profiles making it perfect for those who are just starting out and do not need a more powerful tool.
Among its many functionalities, it is possible to emphasize the following:
- Possibility of scheduling tweets to be published at that time when the audience is higher.
- Facilitate the selection of the most appropriate users to follow and with whom to begin an interaction.
- Substantially simplify the management of all profiles within a single tool.
- Possibility to configure different options in person
- It has apps for both Android and iOs, as well as different integrations with other apps and browsers.
Useful tool for managing Twitter. Thanks to Audiense , it facilitates the detection of users who may be potential customers, those profiles with whom it would be advisable to establish contact, be able to know who are followers and if they are influential, profiles that are no longer followers …
It has become a useful tool since it offers an analytic of great detail that facilitates to have a very deep knowledge of the profile of Twitter and those who are its followers.
It has a free version with certain limitations as to the number of contacts and lists, as well as the analytical data it offers. In this way, it is only possible to have three social accounts of different types active at the same time.
What does BenWill SEO offer ?
1. In Depth Keyword Research That Converts Traffic Into Buyer
It is very important a preliminary study of keywords, perhaps the most important point of SEO, we do that study.
We analyze how you look for the potential customer. Try find out the best keywords that converts into sales.
It is worth to remember that Your website is not to get visitors, it is to get sales and customers. We help you turn those visits into money.
For this, it is necessary to have several data that can provide SEMrush or Google Keyword Planner . Thanks to these tools, it is possible to know which keywords are perfect for the website or those that are being used in the wrong way.
They also allow us to know which competitors are bidding for a particular keyword , as well as the level of competition of each one. The ideal? Research into Google’s Keyword Planner Tool until you find the perfect group of words with a high traffic volume but low competitiveness.
In the budget, must be reflected the 3 types of keywords or keywords to choose: long-tail (4-6 chains words mean flow or low visits, but very specialized), medium-tail (3- 4 words and more flow than previous ones, but lower quality) and head-tail (very general, very competitive and low qualified).
In the strategy to deploy in order to make the budget is usually chosen between a few keywords to bid with high traffic or many with less traffic.
All this information about the keywords has to appear reflected in a document. Detailing the cost per positioning of each one of them or return of investment that will be received.
2. Website Analysis
Once inserted in the subject of the question, it is important to know how the web page is found. To do this, we must make a brief audit of the site taking into account different aspects such as penalization and positioning of the site .
The first of them will announce if there are specific situations in the website for which it is penalized in some search engines. For this, Google Webmaster Tools will be the reference tool that will know if there are penalties and the reason for them.
On the other hand, knowing the positioning of the site is fundamental in this initial phase , since, based on which position it occupies in the search engines, it will be possible to make a temporary or other estimate.
In this analysis of the site, in order to make the budget, it is also advisable to take into account some aspects such as a possible revision of the site architecture, robot.txt file or links. Of course, it is necessary to consider parameters to realize a strategy of SEO Content and social media , as reinforcement.
3. Competition Analysis
An analysis of direct and indirect competitors is fundamental to the page . It is one of the bases to begin with, since a successful and well-conducted analysis of competition equals all the rest of the work.
In the face of SEO On Page or SEO Off Page (building links through linkbuilding or content strategy), it is crucial to know the competitors to see what they are doing correctly, what they do not do and how they can Improve their actions or were already improving.
4. Website Configuration
Up to this point, aspects of the page have been analyzed to improve, but, arrived here, what is premium is to begin to recognize the technical part. Therefore, it is important to have knowledge of the programming you use, the server …
To optimize the web page, the ideal is to make a first scheme to develop and, later, will be revised to check progress or modify any necessary aspect. The parts included in this scheme are:
Our servers are optimized to help Google and other search engines crawl with their spider robots to index your entire web.
Organization of plugins and their implementation
We implemented the plugins for a perfect “Search Engine Optimization” (SEO): to include all the meta information or to help the CTR of the web.
Benwillseo in San Diego, takes into account the SEO from the outset of your website.
The customer may already have technical staff at his disposal. In this case, this would lower the budget of SEO , since it would not only be done based on the reports of said department, but it will not be necessary to carry out these changes.
5. Web analytics for SE optimization
At this point, you can also add everything related to link building or the promotion and popularity of the web. Thanks to this point can explain the planning tasks for companies or individuals to promote the web or its URLs .
On the other hand, analytics is fundamental for this budget, since it is the possible way to know the real traffic of the web, what are the impacts …
Among the points to be taken into account when making an exhaustive measurement document, the proposal of KPIs and Ga configuration audit should undoubtedly appear .
In this regard, it is also important to include writing and editing content . Not only as factors to be budgeted, but also taking into account the time spent on it. A SEO Content Strategy is the best complement to any type of web positioning strategy.
6. Search Engine Monitoring
Finally, we must consider this aspect to take into account when making the budget: monitoring in search engines. There is a lot of information to take into account when making it. Not only is position ranking important (something fundamental), but you have to know what positions have been moved and links and indexing, among other issues. Monitoring helps you to know how the web works together.
For this, a report or reporting of evolution of the positioning of the site in search engines and another one of own backlinks and main competitors is made . It is also very important to monitor the evolution of these factors.
One last question on the budget
It is possible to divide the budget into two types: consulting and maintenance costs . The first one includes this technical audit, an analysis of the state of the site, the recommended documents for the optimization and the study of the keywords. As an SEO Expert in San Diego, I advise you to understand what option fits your brand or business.
Monthly maintenance includes the costs of link building , creation and management of content and social networks.
All these analyzes have the function not only of being part of the SEO audit , but also of finding the most adjusted budget for the actions. Once done, you will know how long it will take to complete this SEO improvement of your website.